Choosing Your HYPERICE Ice Compression Technology
Have you had an acute injury, such as an ankle sprain and been told to ‘ice it’? Many of us have fumbled around with frozen peas and ice cubes in plastic bags – most certainly ending up with a watery mess at the end. HYPERICE has devised a clever, easy to use alternative that fits perfectly to your knees, lower back, shins, calf and shoulders.
Used by some of the world’s best athletes including World Champion downhill skier Lyndsey Vonn, HYPERICE products take the mess away as well as the pain.
Chill Out: Using Cryotheraphy Treatment with HYPERICE
Simply using neoprene and a patented ice cell design – whether you choose the knee, utility, shoulder or back ice compression treatment – they are simple to use and care for too.
How does it work?
- Fill the Ice Cell 2/3 with ice- do not add water. Crushed ice or small ice nuggets work best with all Hyperice products.
- Place the Ice Cell on a flat surface and flatten out- removing as much air from the Ice Cell as possible before securing the cap.
- Insert the Ice Cell into the Compression Wrap
- Place on the body and apply the compression straps to the desired level of compression.
- Lightly press the Air Release Valve to remove air from the Ice Cell. For added compression, re-tighten the compression straps after the air has been released.
- Leave the device on for 15-20 minutes. Press the Air Release Valve once every 5 minutes to release any air that accumulates during the treatment to sustain optimal compression.
Prefer video instructions? Have a watch of the how-to guides below:
Using ice treatment is an ideal way to stop inflammation in its tracks and to fight off the nasty affects of DOMS.
You can view the full range of HYPERICE products available in the UK here.